Sunday, August 31, 2014

Gentlemen Prefer to be Blonde: Five Male Celebs Who’ve Dyed Their Hair Blonde

Do blondes have more fun? Just ask these Hollywood hunks who hit the bottle—of peroxide! Move over Madonna, because blonde ambition isn’t just for the ladies. Check out five male celebs who went blonde.

Adam Levine

The Maroon 5 front man shocked fans when he tweeted a photo of his new platinum blonde ‘do with the caption: “Apocalypse prep course complete.” And even though he’s People Magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive (until next year, that is), the rocker isn’t immune to some ribbing from his co-stars on “The Voice.” Levine’s mentor pals Blake Shelton, Shakira and Usher compared him to everything from ‘90s fitness pitchwoman Susan Powter to a futuristic cyborg.  "That's Adam?” Shelton deadpanned when Levine debuted his new ‘do. “I thought Meg Ryan was sitting in with us tonight for a second there." 



Jared Leto

The Oscar winning actor has changed up his look so many times it’s hard to keep track, but Jared Leto first lightened up his dark locks in 1997 for the movie “Prefontaine.” Two years later he really hit the bleach (on his eyebrows too) for the role of Angel Face in “Fight Club.” But Leto’s strangest blonde moment was in 2011, when he dressed up like Kurt Cobain for a bizarre music video tribute to the late Nirvana front man. You can see the clip here:



Wesley Snipes

We’ll give him a pass because he did it for a movie role, but Wesley Snipes’s dye job for the 1993 sci-fi action film “Demolition Man” was not his best look. The actor played bleached baddie Simon Phoenix in the flick, and, thankfully, retired the look shortly thereafter.



Freddie Prinze Jr.

Speaking of movie roles, there’s no way Freddie Prinze Jr. could have pulled off the part of “Scooby Doo” character Freddie without a little help from some hair dye. Well, he could have donned a wig – and maybe he should have. In an interview with Tribute, Prinze revealed that his blonde experiment bombed: “No, it was not a lot of fun,” he said. “Hey, I’m a guy; I don’t want to do that crap! … We were in Australia and I like to go in the ocean. Everybody else got to do that but, no, not me! I couldn’t even get in a pool because there was chlorine and it would have turned my hair green! It really was not a great experience and I was told to wear a wig, but I chose not to because it was so hot.”


Ryan Gosling
The actor premiered bleached blonde locks in the 2011 movie "The Place Beyond the Pines," but the look didn’t turn out exactly as he’d planned. Gosling told Extra! he aspired to look like a rock star but ended up more like teen sitcom character Zack Morris:  "When I did that blonde thing, I thought about when I was a kid and I wanted to be like Billy Idol,” he said. “So I thought I'll try to do the Billy Idol thing, but I ended up looking like the guy from 'Saved By the Bell.' It just didn't work out."



No comments: