Sunday, January 18, 2015

'Bachelorette’ Update: 10 Years Later, Trista and Ryan Sutter Still Living Happily Ever After

They do! Still love each other, that is …
Last December, Trista Sutter, the very first star of "The Bachelorette," renewed her wedding vows with her firefighter husband, Ryan, on a primetime special on ABC. The too-cute couple famously tied the knot the first time 10 years ago in a multi-million-dollar ABC extravaganza. One decade later, the "Bachelorette" star is still madly in love and spewing gratitude.

In an interview with "Good Morning America," Sutter gave an update on what she and her hunky hubby have been up to lately: "Ryan's still a firefighter at the Vail Fire Department and I've been busy with this little project for the past couple of years," she said. "But really, I'm a stay-at-home and work mom. Really, life just revolves around the kids right now."
Sutter's "little project" is her new book, titled "Happily Ever After: The Life-Changing Power of a Grateful Heart." While she confirms it's not an autobiography, the reality star says the book is full of anecdotes and stories from her family and friends. (Name-dropper alert: Sutter's pal Jenny McCarthy shares a story in the book.)
The mom of two (Sutter and her husband are parents to Max, 7, and Blakesley, 5) explained the inspiration for her book: "I think that gratitude is so important," she said. "I feel like when you're in the rough patches in your life, it has helped to lift me up, and when you're in the high times, it helps to keep you grounded."
She's incorporated tips she calls "happily ever actions" into each chapter of her book (Have some extra time? Why not make an appreciation jar for your kids' teacher?), and added, "You need to actively choose gratitude and choose optimism in order to live a happy life."
Sutter's Twitter followers know she tweets what she preaches.
"I tweet my #faith every day," she said. "It's just a way for me to reflect on the positive, the little things that have happened throughout the day, to end the day on a positive note and to know that the next day, I need to consciously be aware of the little things that happened."
Sutter calls her gratitude tweets #favepartofday (here's an example: "Reading to Max's class, watching the kids smiling ear 2 ear sledding, laughing til my abs hurt & hearing great news!"), and she recently told Parade that it was actually those daily tweets that inspired the book.
"I didn't really want to do an autobiography. I didn't want my face on the cover of a book," she said. "I post my favorite part of the day every day on social media as a way to just reflect on the positive and just be grateful for the little things. [My agent] loved that, and we talked more about how much gratitude means to me in keeping me grounded and lifting me up in the hard times, and we went with it."
Sutter also  defended the reality romance series' relationship track record.
"I think if you compare 'The Bachelor' and 'The Bachelorette' to real world, it's probably not that different in that how many relationships do you go through before you find the one that you want to spend the rest of your life with," she said. "But we just luckily had all the components -- trust, honesty, respect, love, commitment, friendship, humor -- you know, all of those things wrapped into one."


No comments: