Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Healthy Living Tips From Celebrities Turning 50 in 2014

1964 was some year. Some of the greatest Gen-X icons were born that year, which means they’ve turned (or or about to turn) 50 years old this year. So how do these stars put their best face forward while facing the big 5-0? Check out what these celebs said about staying young and healthy.

Rob Lowe (March 17)

The former Brat Packer became a household name with his roles in The Outsiders, About Last Night and St. Elmo’s Fire. But after he turned 50 in March, Rob Lowe told Oprah Winfrey he felt “pressure to stay relevant.” "I'm healthy. I'm active,” he added. “And to me, it's so much more about what's going on in the inside. I think that if you're youthful and vigorous and active and connected and interested in your world, that's what inevitably makes you way more youthful.”



Melissa Gilbert (May 8)

She was known as Half Pint on the classic NBC drama Little House on the Prairie, but today, Melissa Gilbert is celebrating her half-century birthday with a new love (she married Timothy Busfield last spring) and a new locale. Gilbert told FOX news she moved to a small town in Michigan and it’s been a life-changer: “It's just incredible,” she said. “It's so much easier. I'm just happier and the change of season has been heavenly even with the [polar] vortex. L.A is just the same and it's the same people and they all have the same lips and noses and boobs and cheekbones. Here everybody's different you know? My moving, Botox free forehead is welcome here.”



Lenny Kravitz (May 26)
The rock star knows he was gifted with good genes, but Lenny Kravitz says he stays fit with bike riding, running, and lifting weights. The Fly Away singer also eats organically. Kravitz told Men’s Health, “I have my own organic farm and I eat fish. Eat light. Eat four or five little meals a day, even if a couple of them are juices or shakes. I do a lot of coconut water. You’ve gotta take care of your body." 



Courteney Cox (June 15)

Former Friends star Courteney Cox celebrated her big day with a tropical holiday in Turks and Caicos, and she became engaged to Snow Patrol rocker Johnny McDaid days later. In an interview with New You, the actress said that her biggest anti-aging secrets are “moisturizing and drinking water.” She’s also a healthy eater: “Luckily, some of my favorite foods in the world are vegetables,” Cox said. “I just love kale, spinach, broccoli, asparagus. Anything green I crave. I also eat a lot of protein like steak, chicken, and some fish like tilapia.”



Sandra Bullock (July 26)


The Gravity star seemingly defies gravity (have you seen that body?), but don’t hate her—she has to work for it just like the rest of us. In an interview with Luxpresso, Sandra Bullock said, “I'm always training or doing some form of exercise four or five times a week; I just feel restless if I don't … As for diet, I love food, but I eat well; the best thing to do is to have fun and be active all the time. I know that I feel better when I'm that way.”

No comments: