Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Bewitched Today




I've been a lifelong fan of the television series, "Bewitched."  Starring the ever-so-gorgeous Elizabeth Montgomery, the show premiered on September 17, 1964. And while I as too young to watch the first-run episodes of  the series, I've been a syndication superfan.

Over the years, I've always watched "Bewitched" reruns, but I was thrilled when Nick at Nite and TV Land started airing the classic series in primetime. They even dug up the first two seasons of black and white episodes, shows I had never seen.



There were so many classic episodes of "Bewitched" that I can't possibly list them all here, but a few of my favorites include any episode that featured the great Marion Lorne as Aunt Clara; any episode that featured Endora (Agnes Moorehead) tormenting Durwood, er, Darrin;  all of the Christmas episodes. And the classic episode that was the first one to ever air in color, when Samantha discovers that her baby daughter, Tabitha, is also a witch.



And then there's the Stephens' house at 1164 Morning Glory Circle. (I told you I was a fan). The layout of the Stephen's house is my all time favorite TV house. (OK,  maybe it's a tie with the "Brady Bunch" home.) I liked how the Stephens' house flowed, how they took you through the whole thing.



So remember those black and white episodes I told you about? Well, when they were released on DVD, I ordered them through Amazon.com, but I have a confession to make-- I ordered the colorized version.

Yes, even I , the biggest "Bewitched" fan around, like to keep up with the times.

No comments: