Sunday, February 22, 2015

Jared Leto’s Kitchen Oscar: More Unusual Places Stars Keep Their Awards

Jared Leto may have won his very first Academy Award last year, but to hear him talk you'd think it's an everyday occurrence. "The Oscar is sitting in my kitchen guarded by some vegan butter and a bag of popcorn," the 42-year-old "Dallas Buyers Club" star told Entertainment Tonight Canada. "That is the first place I go when I go home, you put your keys down, you take off your jacket and you put your Oscar in your kitchen."


While we're pretty sure Leto will move his award out of his pantry one of these days, other stars have found even more bizarre spots to house their coveted awards.
Susan Sarandon once revealed on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that she houses her awards show loot in a guest bathroom: "There's a bathroom that has a number of statuettes, not just the Oscar, but all the different things," the actress said. "The kids always called it the famous bathroom."


Ditto for Grammy award winner Questlove. The Roots drummer told Vulture he keeps his collection of gramophone-shaped trophies on top of the john: "I keep all my Grammys on the toilet," he said. "I mean, megapeople have, like, awards rooms or whatever. The Kanyes of the world, I'm sure he has enshrined himself. But all mine are in the bathroom. And one of them is broken. I dropped it on the floor. I gave it to my mom; she didn't want it. So I just sat it on the toilet. And then when I got the second and third one, I just gave it company."

Of course, Qlove and Susan may want to take some advice from Jodie Foster. The two-time Academy Award winner told In Style she had to move her awards out of her bathroom, and for a very good reason: "I used to keep them in the bathroom because they looked good with the faucets." Foster said. "But when they started getting corroded on the bottom, I had to move them to a trophy case in my den."

Foo Fighters lead singer Dave Grohl also moved his awards out of the bathroom, but it wasn't due to corrosion. Yet. The rocker joked that he had to move his Video Music Award away from the toilet because he accidentally peed on his Moonman. He joked to MTV, "You know that little flag at the top? You can fit a toilet paper roll on that, so I had that going for a while."

Grohl later relocated his awards to an office, but he delegated one to do double duty. "One of my Grammys -- my bedroom door won't stay open for some reason, so I keep it open with my Grammy," he said. "I think it's kind of kickass that I have a Grammy holding up my bedroom door. Every night I walk my lady into the room, she knows what's going down."

Perhaps he got the idea from Cher. Back in the day, the Oscar winner put her prestigious award to work. The 1988 Best Actress Winner (for "Moonstruck") told People she used her Academy Award as a doorstop in her Malibu home: "My cats have to run in and out, and it's the perfect weight," she dished. "Some people think it's disrespectful, but I don't really mean it that way. It works."

No comments: